What’s interesting around the Internet today?
- Small wind turbines can kill half the bats in their area
- Placebo effect can be triggered by subliminal cues. Duh! This is why we have double-blind tests, where neither the subject nor the person handing out the treatment knows who is getting the real ones.
- More intrusive magma activity under the Canary Islands.
- Fossil terror birds
- Blue-ring octopus eats stromatopod (mantis shrimp)
- Flock of flamingos in the shape of a wading bird?
- “Values Voters” want their rights: it’s your loss. You don’t have to be a psychologist to see that the Religious Right’s neo-Puritans have a lot of hang-ups when it comes to sex.
- First ever colour movie is discovered–from 1902. These have never been seen before because the projection system would not work. The 102-year-old film was discovered in an old tin on the shelves of the National Media Museum in Bradford, England.
- Landscape art: Lost Pilot.Polish photographer Dominik Smialowski’s gorgeous series The Pilot’s Melancholy
- Blogs about blogging and online content
- Christopher Hitchens debates five people at once.