Death by Hantavirus in Saskatchewan

One person has died in Saskatchewan from a Hantavirus infection. It’s a severe, flu-like illness that is spread by rodents. In Saskatchewan, deer mice are the usual culprits. People can breathe it in if they disturb, i.e. sweep up, mouse droppings.

I would read this right after I cleaned out the dustiest corner of my basement.

Hantavirus was first noticed around the arid “four corners” area of the U.S. It’s one of those emerging diseases that we really don’t want to allow to get going.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: