I’m tempted to say, “…like a falling cat.” But that would be just gallows humor.
The Guardian has the article:
- In five years, the tiger population has fallen to 1,400, less than half the previous estimate.
- Poachers have wiped out the tigers in some reserves.
- Other reserves suffer from habitat destruction as villages crowd forests.
- Experts say that not enough is being done to fight poachers.
- Laws against selling tiges’ body parts are being openly flouted.
- In a few years it will be too late.